Laravel Eloquent is an ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) system included with the Laravel PHP framework. It provides an elegant and intuitive way to interact with your database tables using object-oriented syntax.
Eloquent allows you to define your database tables as classes, called “models,” and each instance of a model represents a specific record in the corresponding database table. Eloquent provides a wide range of methods and features to perform common database operations like retrieving, creating, updating, and deleting records.
By using Eloquent, you can write expressive and readable database queries using a fluent and chainable syntax. It abstracts the underlying database interactions, allowing you to focus on your application’s logic rather than writing complex SQL queries.
Some key features of Laravel Eloquent include:
- Model-Table Mapping: Each Eloquent model represents a database table, and the model’s properties correspond to the table columns.
- Query Building: Eloquent provides a query builder interface, allowing you to construct database queries using a fluent and expressive syntax.
- Relationships: Eloquent supports defining relationships between models, i.e. one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many relationships. This simplifies handling related data and enables you to retrieve related records easily.
- Automatic Timestamps: Eloquent can automatically manage timestamp columns (e.g., `created_at` and `updated_at`) on your database tables, making it easy to track record creation and modification times.
- Scopes: You can define query scopes on your models, which encapsulate commonly used query constraints. Scopes allow you to reuse query logic throughout your application.
- Mass Assignment Protection: Eloquent provides built-in protection against mass assignment vulnerabilities, allowing you to specify which model attributes are allowed to be mass-assigned.
Overall, Laravel Eloquent offers a powerful and convenient way to interact with your database, making database operations simpler and more expressive in Laravel applications.
For more information, please refer to this blog – Using Laravel Eloquent ORM
People having good knowledge of Financial accounting can get an Accounting Certification from StudySection to increase their chances of getting a job in this field. You can get a foundation level certification if you are new to Financial accounting or you can go for advanced level certification if you have expert level skills in Financial accounting.