Google Adsense is an advertising program that was launched by Google in the year 2003. Today, it is the most popular advertising program on the internet. This ad placement service is meant for the website publishers (also called Adsense publishers) who want to earn money through text, video or image advertisements on website pages. More than 10 billion dollars are paid yearly to the website publishers for getting views and clicks through ads placed on their websites.
- Safety and Security: Adsense provides a high level of safety and security to Adsense publishers as well as advertisers.
- Transparency: The whole scenario is transparent and clear for everyone as the metrics can be tracked using Google Analytics.
- Multiple advertisement formats: Whether it is text, image, video, HTML or any other kind of advertisement, advertisers are able to run any type of advertisement using Adsense.
- Popularity: Google Adsense is widely used with over 10 million websites running it with a huge number of publishers and advertisers.
- Create Account: Firstly, you need to create an account on the Google Adsense website. You can use your existing Google account to login to Google Adsense.
- Add Adsense to the website: Secondly, you have to add certain code to your website so that Google can locate and access your website. This step is important and it needs to be done carefully as it is a one time process. If your application is accepted you will become a verified Adsense publisher and you will be able to publish Google Adsense on any of your websites.
- Payment Setup: Your postal address will be verified by Google through the mail with verification code in an envelope. So, it is important to provide a correct postal address. Once the payment information is set up properly, the publisher will receive the payment at each monthly cycle after the minimum threshold of $100 is crossed.
Things to remember:
A lot of factors are considered before an ad is shown by Google Adsense on a website. Generally, the ads shown are relevant to the content of the website and relevant to the users of the website. The publisher can block an ad if he/she does not find it relevant on the website using the Adsense account.
There are certain things that should be kept in mind to make sure that the application for Google Adsense is not rejected. Applications for websites with minimal content are less likely to be accepted. Your website should have a lot of content on different pages. The content on your website should be unique and original. Google can figure it out if the content is duplicated and thus the application may get rejected. The pages on your website should have text content also along with images and videos as Google crawlers will be able to understand the nature of the website through the text content only. The test Adsense code should be present in all the pages of the website. Older websites are more likely to get accepted than newer ones.
The amount of money that one can earn from Google Adsense depends on the following factors:
- Traffic: The amount of money is directly proportional to the amount of traffic on the website. The type of traffic is also an important factor.
- Advertisers: If your website category attracts more advertisers, it is likely that you will get more amount of money for ads.
- Content: Content which is in trend or highly searched will increase the earning from the Google Adsense as there will be more traffic for that content.
- Ad Position: Placing ads in the right position and the right size will increase the odds of it being clicked by the users.
People having good knowledge of Financial accounting can get an accounting certification from StudySection to increase their chances of getting a job in this field. You can get a foundation level certification if you are new to Financial accounting or you can go for advanced level certification if you have expert level skills in Financial accounting.