Git checkout is the process to switch between different branches. Checking out a branch updates the files and commits in the directory by matching the branch on the repo.
How to create a branch
The best way to create a branch in Git is that, create a feature branch ( feature branch is the name of a task that are you working on like TD-101-TASKNAME ) from the master branch. The Master branch has a stable code.
- Create a feature branch from the master branch
- Publish the branch after completing the task.
- Merge that feature branch to the dev, staging, and production server branch.
The main reason to create a branch in Git from the master is the stability of the branch.
- Don’t write code for more than one task in the same branch.
- Don’t create a branch name on your name.
jQuery presents a tree-like structure of all the elements on a webpage simplifying the syntax and further manipulating such elements. The jQuery Certification Exam by StudySection will secure your fundamental knowledge and a basic understanding of jQuery as an asset to improve your skills.