Introduction to MS Excel
Spreadsheets are the most basic and essential tool for every business to store the data and records. Microsoft Excel is an electronic spreadsheet developed by Microsoft that is used to organize, manage, analyze, forecast, and visualize data. It was initially released for Windows in 1987 and later it became available for other operating systems like macOS, Android, and iOS. Excel comes as a part of Microsoft Office.
In addition to the standard spreadsheet features, Excel allows programming support via Microsoft’s Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). It also has the ability to access data from external sources via Microsoft’s Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
What is Excel used for?
Excel sheets are typically used to organize data and perform financial analysis. It is used across nearly all business functions and at companies from small to large scale. Excel is used widely in finance and accounting functions. In fact, many business companies run their entire budgeting, forecasting, and accounting functions entirely out of Excel spreadsheets.
Excel is defined as a “data” management tool, the data that is most commonly managed is financial. The strongest point about Excel is its robustness and openness. Excel models are as powerful as the analyst wishes them to be.
The main uses of Excel include:
- Data entry
- Data management
- Financial analysis
- Charting and graphing
- Time management
- Task management
- Financial modeling
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
Microsoft Excel certification from StudySection.
A certification is typically displayed as a document stating that as a professional, an individual has been trained, educated, and is prepared to meet a specific set of criteria for a particular role. Certifications are designated credentials earned by a person to verify his/her legitimacy and ability to perform a job. StudySection offers a series of certification exams to test your knowledge in various fields. All certifications from Studysection are recognized worldwide.
Microsoft Excel certification validates the abilities of a professional to work with MS Excel applications and tools. Many recruiters claim that just being proficient in Excel isn’t enough. Candidates need to have a certification to validate their claims and ease the recruitment process. The Microsoft Excel Certification from StudySetion is recognized globally and benefits the candidate with better recognition and competitive advantage over non-certified professionals.
Steps to earn a Microsoft Excel certification from StudySection
If you want to test the expertise and justify your skills in Excel, then Studysection may be a good platform for you. StudySection offers Microsoft Excel Certifications at Foundation and Advanced levels apart from many other free online certification exams.
The following steps are required to earn a Microsoft Excel certification from StudySection:
- As StudySection offers both advanced and foundation level exams of Microsoft Excel Certification, an individual has to select the level of certification exam according to his/her capabilities.
- A candidate should take the exam, once he/she has prepared for the excel certification exam. This certification exam from StudySection is in the form of multiple-choice questions. These questions will cover almost all the topics from Microsoft Excel.
- Candidates can retake the exam any number of times if he/she does not clear the Microsoft Excel certification exam in his/her first attempt.
- It should be noted that some questions in the Microsoft Excel certification exam may have more than one answer. To make the answer correct, one has to select all the right options.
- Once you have passed the exam, you become able to download an e-certification and a certification badge. This Microsoft excel certification helps you to extend knowledge and skills, preparing you for more job responsibilities.