With a lot of technologies emerging around the globe, Artificial Intelligence has become a well-known name. Artificial Intelligence is one of the most focused technologies as it aims at making intelligent machines. It is being applied in multiple fields such as mathematics, music, automobiles, smartphones, etc. AI is not limited only to computer science and involves other fields also such as biology, psychology, neuron study, statistics, sociology, etc.
Artificial means man-made and intelligence means the power of thinking. So, together artificial intelligence means a man-made thinking power. AI can be defined as a field in computer science that aims to make machines that can perform activities such as behaving, thinking and making decisions like a human. There is no need to pre-program a system to do a certain job. Instead, a system with AI algorithms can perform a number of jobs with its own intelligence which makes AI a very unique and usable technology.
Need for AI
A lot of real-world problems in the medical, transport and marketing fields can be solved easily with accuracy with the help of AI-based software and devices. Using AI to create personal virtual assistants such as Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, Cortana, etc. can help in performing daily tasks through voice commands, thus saving time and reducing human efforts. Other than that, robots combined with AI technology can work in harsh environments where a human is not able to survive. This can also help to improve the success rate of rescue operations during or after a disaster. Also, AI opens up more paths for new technologies, devices, and opportunities.
The main goals of AI are:
- To make machines work in a way similar to humans i.e. by using their own intelligence.
- To solve complex problems that involve a lot of knowledge and understanding.
- To build such systems in which machines can interpret from the environment and then perform actions accordingly.
- To produce a system that can learn by itself, show intelligent behavior, and give advice to its user.
- Voice Recognition – Many voice recognition systems based on AI are running successfully such as Siri, Cortana, etc. These systems have the ability to hear, understand and express while communicating with a human.
- Gaming – In strategic games, AI helps the system to understand all the possibilities based on deep knowledge. For example, chess, river crossing, etc.
- Vision Systems – A system can understand visual inputs, explain and describe them using AI technology.
- Handwriting Recognition – Using AI, a handwriting recognition software can read, analyze and process handwritten notes helping to convert them into editable text on computer systems.
- Smart Robotics – Robots can now perform tasks instructed by a human in a more effective way by using AI. The user experience has increased by a lot due to the use of this technology as robots have become more interactive than before.
- Personal Virtual Assistant: AI applications for smartphones and computers have been developed which can perform many tasks by just voice commands. These AI applications use voice recognition to get information from voice.
- Real-World Applications: AI has many real-world applications such as safe and hassle-free self-driving cars, secure facial recognition, language processing for better communication between machines and users, etc.
- Speed: As computer systems are involved in AI, computations can be really fast in AI applications and devices helping them to speed up decision making.
- Accuracy: There is a very less chance of errors as AI takes decisions based on previous experiences or information.
- Reliability: AI systems are very reliable which means they can perform a single task any number of times with accuracy and consistency.
- Risk-Free: AI machines can be an excellent alternative for humans working under harsh or risky situations such as bomb defusing, deep ocean exploration, etc.
- Dependency: As more and more people are getting familiar with such technologies, they are becoming more dependent on these devices, which is slowly depleting their mental and physical abilities.
- Lack of Creativity: The AI technology still could not beat human thinking power as humans are very creative and can come out with new things every now and then. AI can only perform tasks that are stored in the algorithm.
- Costly: The cost of hardware as well as the software required for AI is very high. Also, it is required to maintain these hardware and software in order to meet present world requirements.
- Lack of Emotions and Feelings: Although AI systems can perform brilliantly, they cannot have an emotional attachment with humans as these systems do not carry feelings and emotions. This lack of feelings can sometimes be harmful.
- Limited: As an AI system consists of certain algorithms, it cannot perform a task out of the limits of the algorithms. So, AI can provide us with smarter machines but the machines can never think out of the box.
If you have knowledge of financial accounting and you are in search of a good job, financial accounting certification can help you reach your desired goals. StudySection provides Financial accounting certification for beginner level as well as expert level people in the commerce stream. You can appear in the certification exam for free to get certified.