To use the Selenium Grid, we can download the selenium standalone server jar file. It helps to perform the testing without any need for specific jar files because the latest version of the Selenium standalone server contains both client-side and server-side binding for running the selenium tests on the local and remote machine.
Selenium server can be downloaded from legitimate Selenium Website “https://www.selenium.dev/downloads/” or use the command line: java – jar selenium-server-standalone-3.11.0.jar
A few Advantages of selenium standalone server:
- Selenium standalone server permits to disseminate tests over remote machines.
- Can perform automation testing on different Operating systems, machines and browsers with different versions of browsers
- No requirement of outer drivers, A single server can play out all undertakings.
Selenium Server is required to run older selenium RC tests or to run WebDriver tests in remote machines through selenium Grid. Selenium web driver is a software framework for the web which is used to carry out automation testing of various web-applications against various browsers. It also allows you to use a programming language in creating the test scripts. However, there is no need for Selenium Server JAR for conducting local tests in Selenium WebDriver. It is needed only for remote tests using Grid.
A few Advantages of Selenium Server:
- In-built test report of executed test cases
- Cross-browser testing of a website on different browsers
- Control browser at Operating system level
Those who want to pursue their careers in the IT industry, our extensive and elaborated Computer Certification exam is available for both beginners and experts. This exam will help with a deep analysis of your skills in different functionalities of computer systems.